Monday, November 12, 2012

How To Stop Procrastination


How to Stop Procrastination 

Hi, this is Darryl Jarmosco and I am a life coach. And a very common area that I help my clients is in procrastination. So, I'd love to have the opportunity to help you as well. Do you realize that 20% of people identify themselves as chronic procrastinators?  Hey, college seems to do a really good job over there on procrastination; 70% of students identify themselves as procrastinators. 

So what is procrastination or what is chronic procrastination?  Well, number one, it’s people that put things off, some serious things, things that have consequences. If you've ever put off your taxes, your income taxes, and you're just behind in that. If you are constantly late on paying your bills and maybe you get late charges. Or you need to go to the bank to put money in and you don't put the money in and you might bounce a check.  I mean things that have serious consequences. 

But it's also the same thing as you're just always behind. In regards to projects that you have, you seem to wait until the very last minute and then you get all stressed out. That's procrastination.  So here's what I really want to have you understand. There are effects to procrastination. Number one is it weakens the immune system. It keeps you up at nighttime. It keeps you awake. You don't sleep so well. You keep putting things off and it sends that stress through your body. When you're late on things, you don't realize it but it's more stress. Those stress hormones going through your body and it wears you out so much faster. 

And speaking of wearing out, it wears out relationships.  You know, it burdens others.  It begins for them to start labeling you as an unreliable person. But there is good news. Number one is procrastinators are made not born.  I want to say that again. Procrastinators are made, not born. So the good news is it's learned response. It’s a learned behavior. And what's learned can be unlearned. So that's the good news. Here's the challenge is if you've been procrastinating, this has been in your system. This has been a program that you’ve been running on for a while. It takes focused energy to change, and that's not always easy for people.  However, I've been really fortunate with my coaching with my clients is we’ve created some change. 

So you're watching this video right now and I would love for you to get more videos, the actual tips I go through, simple tips. So what you need to do is on this video right here, this web page, is put your name and email in the appropriate spot and just hit submit. And then you'll get those. Now if you've stumbled upon this video, I’m glad you did. But you're not going to be able to register. So you're saying well where is this web page?  So on this video right here you can see there's a web link typed across it, it's not a live link so you'll have to go ahead and take this and put it into your web browser, and it'll take you to the web page where you can actually get registered. 

Another note here is I have this anti-spam policy. So you're going to need to confirm.  There is an email that I will send out to you in order to get the video. So use a primary email. Don't put a bum email in just trying to get the videos.  If you don't really want them, then don't even register.  But I'm here to really serve people and I protect, I don't do anything with the names and emails that I get. But you will get an email from me once you’re registered and you're going to have to confirm that in order to give me permission to go ahead and send you the emails.  So I just wanted to bring that to your attention.

So the questions is, are you ready to get those simple and effective strategies?  I hope you are. So if you're ready to become that person who you really are at the core, remember you weren't born this way, this is a learned behavior. So if you want to get stuff done, and most importantly, if you want to start getting results in your life, get registered.  Go on the web page which is www.ProcrastinatingNoMore.com  Once again www.ProcrastinatingNoMore.com. And if you’re actually on the web page here, go ahead and put your name and email in and go ahead and click submit. Once again, my name is Darryl Jarmosco and I will see you on the other side.

No comments: