Sunday, November 1, 2015

5 Morning Rituals To Start Your Day

So how do you begin each day? Do you wake up like a zombie, go to the bathroom, brush your teeth, and think "what day is it?" Then you might just start thinking about all the stuff you "have to do" for the day and then get a sick feeling in your stomach. That may not be how you begin your day, but what you do each morning especially in the first couple hours determines how your day can possibly go.

I personally cherish my mornings. I'm blessed with six incredibly beautiful children who I absolutely love beyond life it self. And, that's why I love my mornings. I wake up before the family because I need that time for ME. I don't just wake early to watch TV or read the newspaper. I get up early to do my morning rituals which sets the stage for me to feel centered, excited and ready to kick butt.

So here's my morning rituals that I've been doing for years. These aren't the only rituals that create a great day but they have worked for me.

#1 Have Your Day Planned/Scheduled
This ritual has the potential to change and transform your life! Having your day planned the day before gives you direction and focus for the day. You can give it a quick review before you go to bed and when you wake there's no wasted time doing unproductive stuff. So this ritual begins the previous day and you can write down (schedule) your morning rituals.

#2 Drink water
After I dress and brush my teeth, I go to the kitchen and drink about 30 ounces of water. This hydrates my body and it feels great. I'm a tea drinker (I was a coffee drinker but switched over about 10 years ago) however I avoid drinking tea the first couple hours of the day.

#3 Exercise
Starting your day off with exercise gets your heart pumping and blood flowing. I've been working out in the morning for many years and it has been a key ingredient to feel amazing for the entire day. So if you haven't been working out in the morning, just begin and start - you'll be so happy you did!

#4 Meditate/Solitude
Meditating in the morning is a wonderful way to center your mind. It's very easy to fall into the routine of allowing your mind to think about all the "stuff" you have to do. If we allow our minds to think to far into the future it's easy to get stressed. So allow 15-20 minutes of quiet time and allow the the mind be free. Yes, you'll have many thoughts, but this time you won't grab a hold of any of them. Let them come and go.

#5 Read/Listen to something inspiring
There's plenty of negative news in the world and if you turn on the television you'll find it. That's why it's so important to not watch the news at the beginning of your day. Flood your mind with a book that inspires you or provides motivation. Listen to an audio program that gives you strategy to develop in your professional and/or personal life.

These aren't the only rituals that can transform your day but a great start. You have the power to change your life if you choose. That starts with how you choose to begin your day. That's how you change your life, one day at a time. So either use these morning rituals to begin your day or craft your own. What's most important is that you take action and begin your morning rituals.
Free audio program "Being Productive In Life & Business"

No comments: